Our first update has arrived, and with it, the cherry-pink feeling of Spring. Thank God for Animal Crossing—we’d have no way of experiencing the most vibrant season without it. Along with the blooming of the trees comes Bunny Day, the first of many non-denominational, non-regional holidays the game provides (New Leaf had holidays specific to nearly every region, so we’re eager to see if, say, Labor Day is still accounted for).
Unfortunately, that means the return of Animal Crossing’s most horrifying NPC Zipper T. Bunny, a rabbit who looks nothing like the actual rabbit villagers with large, terrifying eyes and a zipper running down his back. From April 1-12, he’ll be hopping around your village and facilitating the Bunny Day event, which means there are several new DIY recipes to get and a lot of new furniture and clothing.
If you’ve booted up your game in the last day, you’ve probably already been frustrated when going fishing for new April fish or hunting for wood and receiving nothing but eggs. Here’s our guide on how to make Bunny Day work for you.
Also, a tip: you have to have a Nintendo Switch Online account to do the bunny day event, as you can’t participate in the bunny day event unless your Switch is synced up to real-time. This means you can’t time travel into the event, but you can time travel out. If you’re frustrated with the sheer amount of eggs littering your rivers, feel free to try this method.
Eggs are everywhere. It’s hard to miss them. As for the specific eggs, here’s how you find them.
- Leaf Egg: Shake trees
- Wood Egg: Chop trees
- Stone Egg: Hit rocks
- Earth Egg: Dig up from ground, much like fossils
- Sky Egg: From floating presents
- Water Egg: Fish them out of water
On the last day of the event, April 12, Zipper T. Bunny will trade 1 egg of any type for 3 eggs of another type. Allegedly, more eggs spawn on Mystery Island Tours than they do on your native island, but we haven’t noticed too much of a difference. There’s a lot of eggs.
Recipes can be obtained in a number of ways. They are floating in Bunny Day themed floating presents, which sport an egg-shaped balloon, from Zipper himself, from message bottles on the beach, from your island’s residents and from collecting a large number of specific eggs.
The recipes are as follows:
- Bunny Day Bed: 1 of each egg
- Bunny Day Crown: 1 of each egg
- Bunny Day Fence: 1 of each egg (yields 10)
- Bunny Day Festive Balloons: 1 wood, 1 water, 1 stone
- Bunny Day Flooring: 2 of each egg
- Bunny Day Glowy Garland: 1 of each egg
- Bunny Day Lamp: 4 wood eggs
- Bunny Day Merry Balloons: 1 earth, 1 leaf, 1 sky
- Bunny Day Rug: 1 of each egg
- Bunny Day Stool: 3 water eggs
- Bunny Day Table: 4 earth eggs
- Bunny Day Vanity: 4 leaf eggs
- Bunny Day Wall: 2 of each egg
- Bunny Day Wall Clock: 3 sky eggs
- Bunny Day Wardrobe: 4 stone eggs
- Bunny Day Wreath: 1 of each egg
- Bunny Day Bag: 1 of each egg
- Earth-egg Shell: 2 earth eggs
- Earth-egg Outfit: 3 earth eggs
- Earth-egg Shoes: 2 earth eggs
- Leaf-egg Shell: 2 leaf eggs
- Leaf-egg Outfit: 3 leaf eggs
- Leaf-egg Shoes: 2 leaf eggs
- Sky-egg Shell: 2 sky eggs
- Sky-egg Outfit: 3 sky eggs
- Sky-egg Shoes: 2 sky eggs
- Stone-egg Shell: 2 stone ggs
- Stone-egg Outfit: 3 stone eggs
- Stone-egg Shoes: 2 stone eggs
- Wood-egg Shell: 2 wood eggs
- Wood-egg Outfit: 3 wood eggs
- Wood-egg Shoes: 2 stone eggs
- Water-egg Shell: 2 water eggs
- Water-egg Outfit: 3 water eggs
- Water-egg Shoes: 2 water eggs
- Egg Party Hat: (Must obtain every other outfit) 2 of each egg
- Egg Party Dress: (Must obtain every other outfit) 3 of each egg
So get out there and scrounge up some eggs—it’s pretty much all you’ll be doing in New Horizons for the next 10 days.