Electronic Arts has announced sign-ups for the Anthem Closed Alpha, which will begin next weekend.
“The Anthem Closed Alpha is available on PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. It runs from December 8-9, 2018,” explains EA. “There are multiple sessions across the two days, you can play in one or in all of them, but you can only sign up to play on one device (PC, PlayStation 4 or Xbox One).”
To sign up:
1. Head to the EA Community Playtesting site.
2. Sign in with your EA Account.
3. Choose your platform, and let us know when you want to play. Once your choices are completed, click Submit.
4. Signing up does not guarantee you’ll be invited to take part, it’s on a first-come, first-served basis.
5. If you’re in, you’ll see a confirmation on the Community Playtesting site and you’ll get an email from us letting you know how to download the Anthem Closed Alpha game client.
If you have any questions about how Community Playtesting works, check out the Community Playtesting FAQ.
The alpha will be available for you to play from Dec. 8-9. You will have four time-slot options for the play-test to choose from.
It’s important to note, since we understand you’ll get the urge, that because everything in the Anthem Closed Alpha is confidential, you won’t be allowed to post or share anything about it on social media. You also can’t stream the play-test.
You can get on a wait list if sessions for a particular device are full, but there is no guarantee that you’ll be able to join the play-test since it’s first-come, first-served. You can check the status of your registration on the EA Community Playtesting site, and if you’ve been registered, you’ll get an email with instructions to pre-download the client for the Closed Alpha.
Anthem will be released for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on Feb. 22, 2019.